Many colleges ask for a personal statement as a common practice, in addition to standardized test scores and transcripts. This personal statement is often the most difficult part of the application because it’s open-ended, and that increases the likelihood of digressing. Once you have chosen a niche, a professional ‘writing my essay‘ service could make your life a whole lot easier. Professionals have insider knowledge about what the college admissions look for and can do an impressive job that would bring you returns for the rest of your life.
Let’s get right to it by clarifying some of the terminologies that often cause confusion as to what is being asked:
- Personal statement—an essay that showcases to an admission committee who you are and why you deserve a place in their school. This term is also used for graduate school applications, unlike ‘college essays.’
- Essay prompt—a statement or a question whose response is in the form of your personal statement.
- Supplemental essay—an extra program-specific essay apart from the standard personal statement.
Most colleges ask for only one essay, but some schools do ask for a response to multiple prompts or supplemental essays in addition to the main personal statement. An ace and cheap essay writing service can help you with all these essays that are the only thing standing between you and your dream college, that is if you have the required scores. If you’re having a challenging time thinking about your personal statement, then this guide can put you on the right track.
Why do college committees ask for an essay?
If this question has been bothering you, then you’re already on the right path. There are many reasons, but the basic premise is to get to know you beyond the test scores. They wish to learn if an individual has multiple intelligences and isn’t just ‘book-smart.’
Insight into your personality
This essay is a chance for the admissions committee to get to know the person behind the test scores. What drives you? Are you inquisitive? What do you care about the most? These qualities influence your college experience and cannot be deduced through transcripts. Prospective students’ unique personalities may have similar test scores, but their distinct personal traits shine through their essays, which can be the deciding factor.
A secondary purpose of the personal statement is to see if you have the skills needed to succeed in college. This personal statement is your only chance to show off your writing skills, and hiring a cheap essay writing service will definitely be worth it.
Any extenuating circumstances
Many extraneous variables that are not in our control frequently affect our scores, which can be explained through this essay. If a family emergency or physical injury kept you from attaining your potential, then colleges want to know that.
Your reasons for applying to the school
This shows your excitement and motivation behind joining their school and depending on how eloquently you put it, this could be your ticket!
What kind of questions do colleges ask?
Thankfully, there isn’t just a statement saying, ‘please write a personal statement.’ They include prompts and questions that can be approached with a lot of different perspectives. These include:
- Your personal history: your experience in formative years and a key event that shaped your life
- Facing a problem: how you deal with failure or what your coping mechanism is.
- Diversity: how well you understand the concept of diversity and interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Future plans: how well you have planned out your future is important for colleges since they want you to succeed and wonder if you’ll put in your due diligence.
The best essays are of those that unashamedly own who they are and are upfront about their life choices. When you hire a professional ‘writing my essay‘ company, be clear in your instructions that you want them to see you as you are and to open enough so that your personality shines through. If you’re here because you are to submit a college essay, all the best!